Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm a Farmer...Almost

I had the best weekend. I was feeling a little down because we are stuck in the hell of waiting to move into a bigger place, Bruce was working and all my friends were going on weekend trips. I was planning on spending the day, doing nothing and watching TV.

I was saved when my friend, Amanda called me and asked me if I wanted to help her feed her lambs!

Now, I had made a promise to myself to not get close to food. Don't pet it, don't love on it and definitely don't look into its eyes...

Feeding baby #1

I broke my promise to myself!!!!

Amanda's daughter, Emma with the tiniest baby!!!


me and my new baby...


I went to Amanda's and ended up helping her feed her 4 baby lambs.
OMG!!! How cute!!!!


Dinner time...for the lambs, not us!

Perfect spring day under the cherry blossoms!

I'm in love! Thank God these are ewes for breeding, not for eating. The "tasty" lambs were far off in a paddock and I didn't see them!

I did see her pig and believe me, he still looks like bacon to me!!!!

Pork-the other white meat!

Thanks Amanda for saving my weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey chick it was a pleasure to have you over & the kids just adore you! The lambs are waiting for you to feed them this weekend & you'll have to wait & see what farming treat we've got planned for you! It may make Bruces eyes water! Kettle will be on & lamb bottles made - see you then! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete