Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Sunday, August 15, 2010

He's Here!!!!

Sorry to be redundant but I had to say "HE'S HERE!!! HE'S FINALLY HERE!!!"

After almost 2 months of being apart, almost $1000 in phone bills and hours of time on Skype, my husband, my best friend, dive buddy and hiking partner extrodinare is finally home with me in New Zealand! It has been a long 8 weeks. I have to say I appreciate all of the poor people that I work with for putting up with my constant moaning about how long we'd been apart. I couldn't even answer questions like a normal person:

"Good morning, how are you?"
"I'm fine, I have 10 days, 8 hours left"
"Uh...ok"

I'm sure everyone now is relieved that I can stop "counting down" and start enjoying our lives together in our new home.

I have to admit, I was so excited the day Bruce came home. I cleaned the house til it shined, I spent hours cooking everything that I knew he loved and missed. I even headed for a big splurge...a chicken!!! A whole chicken! For those of you who don't know, chicken is just a tad cheaper than platinum. Actually, its not that bad but it is hilarious to see that pork, lamb and beef is cheaper than chicken. And turkey? I haven't seen one!!!! Anyway, I broke the bank and bought a whole chicken to fry and smother in gravy for my hubby!
Also on the menu: macaroni and cheese and a home made peach cobbler with fresh peaches. Nothing says "Welcome home" like a heart attack and a diabetic coma!!!

I got to the airport an entire 30 minutes before his plane was due to land and spent the time amusing myself with finding the perfect parking spot. Since I was one of 5 cars in the parking lot, I settled on one embarassingly close to the baggage claim doors. I do NOT miss American airports right now!
After checking my watch every five minutes over the next 25 minutes, I finally saw the Air New Zealand plane come in carrying my precious cargo!

Touchdown!!!


Exhausted but happy!

After a mini scene at the airport, worthy of a Hollywood movie, complete with the slow motion running into each other's arms we headed home with me blabbering on about places that we passed. Correction, I was blabbering, poor Bruce was trying his best to stay awake with me blabbering....

It was a great day and the beginning of our new lifes in Aotearoa together! FINALLY!!!
Let the Party begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute...Welcome home, Bruce! Oh, and by the way, Carmen...when we come down to the south island I may have to travel all the way to Invercargil for a taste of cobbler - ummmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make a fresh one just for you guys!! You choose the fruit, I'll make the cobbler!!! Come on down!!!

    ReplyDelete