Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here I Am!

I must have been crazy to think that I could have made this trip without general anesthesia.
It hurt more than you can imagine. I thought I was ready, I had my neck pillow, my lumbar pillow and a jacket...I didn't have common sense...There should have been big red flags when I looked at my itenerary...but nooooo. I thought I was young enough to do it...
This is what I just did...

Woke up, excited on Saturday June 19th at 7am...
Last minute packing, cooked big breakfast of pancakes and sausage!
Left for airport at 2:30 pm
Stood in line for 1 hour while US Airways tried to figure out how to charge me for my overweight and excess bags.. (Awesome..$204 by the way)
Got on plane to LAX at 5pm (one hour flight)
Arrived in LA for 4 hour layover...drank at bar
Left LA for 13 hour flight....ouch...
Arrived in Auckland at 530am on Monday, June 21st (lost a day or gained a day?)
Had a 9 hour layover in Auckland...drank some more
Left Auckland for Christchurch (one hour flight)
Arrived in Christchurch for 2 hour layover (almost gave up and seriously thought about staying at a hotel for the night)
Left Christchurch for Invercargill (one hour flight)

Arrived in our new home at 8pm on Monday, June 21st...Approximately 30 hours after leaving Phoenix.
Temperature in Phoenix when I left? 106 degrees (41 celcius)...Temp in Invercargill on my arrival? 40 degrees! Perfect!
It was cold and rainy...perfect sleep weather...God loves me!

Total time: 30 hours
Total bottles of wine drank waiting: 1.5
Number of items lost: 1 (a sandwich from airport shop)
Weight of carry on: a highly illegal 30lbs (14kg)

I'm going to bed!!! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Welcome home...I'm sorry that the trip was so brutal (trust me, I can relate), but I am glad that you made it and can get started with your new life here! I love your blog and it was great to catch up and read the "pre-move" stuff as well! Hope everything goes well for you this week!

    ReplyDelete