Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Hate Saying Goodbye

Today is the day that I leave home.
I have been packing, re-packing, selling, storing and getting ready for this day.
Now that it is here, I am freaking out.
Not in a "I can't-believe-that-i'm-doing-this" way but more in a "This-is-my-last-day-seeing-(blank)" kind of way.
I'm packed, I'm ready but it's hard realizing that friends and family are going to be so far away. But, I'm so excited I could burst!!! If I could just make it past my 12.5 hour plane ride I'll be GREAT!
Bruce and I went for our "Last Supper". We couldn't figure out what would be the best "last meal". Then it came to me! A hamburger with ALL the best trimmings. Not just any hamburger, but a big, sirloin, juicy burger with blue cheese and bacon and a side of onion rings!!!


The Last Supper, American Style

I leave to the airport in a couple of hours. I have talked to all of my parents (both sides), sisters, brothers and friends. Thank God for Skype! I'll be able to talk to them all agian very soon! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment