Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Friday, June 4, 2010

Saying Goodbye...for Now





Today was one of the hardest days for me. I had to pack up my two furry children and send them to my mother's house in Atlanta. Its my fault that they had to go. Had I done dilligent research I would have know that New Zealand has one of the most stringent policies regarding importation of animals that I've ever seen! The rules are crazy. First, the dogs have to have a rabies vaccine then you have to draw a rabies titer on them 3 weeks later, then you have to wait six months before they can be imported into the country...WHEW! They have stricter rules on animals than people! So, because mommie didn't read the paperwork correctly, they won themselves a trip to Atlanta for the next six months. Now I'm just waiting anxiously for the hospital to let me know if they allow doggies in the rental home we will be staying in...

Gonna be hard to go without these two...


No comments:

Post a Comment