Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Best TV EVER!

I used to watch TV alot...Only because I have the attention span of a gerbil sometimes so if you show me something remotely interesting, I'll be hooked.
My husband gets mad at me because I used to fill up his precious TiVO space with random cooking shows, shows on HGTV, ignorant dating shows and the worst...REALITY SHOWS!!! (perish the thought!!)

I have to admit, that TV in NZ is not as bad as what some people led me to believe.
Most importantly:
1) NZ is up to date with episodes of Grey's Anatomy...I even saw the AWESOME season finale again last week!
2) Most of my other American 'staples' are on: the Mentalist, Modern Family, CSI
3) Rugby is on almost everyday...I love my violent, NFL substitute!!!!

The shows are varied and funny and it seems that censorship hasn't taken hold over here yet. For any of my friends coming to visit with little ones, you may want to restrict their TV time...
The other day, I was in the kitchen cooking, went to stir a pot...The TV was on...From the other room I hear...

Man's voice: Are you serious? You've got to F*#@ing kidding me?!
Man #2 voice: Sweet As!

I stopped stirring...we don't have cable....OMG!!! You can curse on regular TV! :)
Makes me giggle like I'm in 5th grade! Makes watching regular TV that much more interesting...

I turned another channel and ended up watching the Maori language channel (Te Reo)  for hours...I don't speak Maori (yet:)) but I couldn't take my eyes of the most interesting news program ever...
So I'm sitting there, watching the Maori newspeople deliver the daily news..I'm trying to pick up words, figure out context. I was deep into the program (of which I don't understand a LICK of what they are saying) and I see this:
I can't read it but it looks interesting...but then a panel of news people come on...I was about to change the channel when I see this....

You had me at hello...

How awesome is the Maori News Channel!!! Goodbye CNN and BBC!!!!
Anytime your TV anchor has amazing traditional full face tattoos...I'm watching!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment