Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Saturday, July 3, 2010

So Beautiful

I'm a sucker for a beautiful countryside. Its something so relaxing about the roll of green hills and the blue sky. I was truly blessed to have the best winter weather to drive from our home town of Invercargill up to Dunedin this weekend. The morning was crisp and cold and the sky couldn't have been bluer. It is only a 2.5 hour drive but the drive is worth every second. I snapped these pictures, stopping anytime I spotted jaw-dropping scenery. Hope you enjoy! I surely did!
Scenery on the Motorway 1...on the way to Dunedin from Invercargill

Farmland on a beautiful winter day


City of Dunedin

View of Dunedin

Beatiful walking tracks like this are all over the Otago Peninsula

It truly is..VERY STEEP!

I thought it would be a good idea to walk up...

The kid in me wishes for some roller skates!

If you would like to see all of the pictures that I took while in Dunedin and on the Otago Peninsula, click here

1 comment:

  1. Once it warms up, I have bad news about the bugs (and any place called "Sandfly Beach".

    ReplyDelete