Our Quote

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Kiwi Flag

Kiwi Flag

Sunday, July 18, 2010

You Gotta Love It

Another week in on my Kiwi Adventure and I have found some truly great things:

1) Chips (Not "chips" like potato chips but French Fries)-I don't know WHAT the kiwi's use to make these but they have to be the best French Fries I have EVER tasted! They are like those big, gigantic thick cut fries that you get at fancy restauraunts...so GOOD!

2) "Sweet As"..has to be one of the cutest sayings ever...I haven't figured out when you say it but I've heard Kiwi's use it pretty much anywhere in a sentence..Sweet As!

3) "Cheers"!-Yet another cool Kiwi saying. Pretty much used as "hello", "goodbye", or "You're welcome"
I can't quite bring my self to say it without giggling. I sound like a cheap imitation of a Kiwi!

4) Walmart-not really. Kiwi's have the Warehouse! A big ol Red building that houses all of the goodies!! Whoo-hoo! One stop shopping!

5) Rugby-How can you not love a sport like American football, played WITHOUT pads? And how can you NOT get the chills when you see the All Blacks perform the Haka?! It has to be the most intimidating way to start a match!!!
Please, whatever you do..go on you tube and watch!


Another Hilarious Kiwi fact:
Rugby Team....The All-Blacks
Field Hockey Team...The Black Sticks
Ice Hockey Team...The Ice Blacks
Soccer Team...The All Whites
And the Basketball Team....The Tall Blacks!
Gotta Love Em!
CHEERS!



No comments:

Post a Comment